We're looking for a senior technical writer to create outstanding product docs and release notes. We need a creative person with a strong technical writing background to deliver top-quality docs that our customers will love.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
We need an experienced writer in our Technical Documentation center of excellence to help us set up product documentation at Payroc. You will be the first senior writer in the team and execute newly defined methods, standards, and practices to deliver accurate and compelling content that delights our customers. Your first job as a senior technical writer will be to help configure the CCMS with templates, layouts, and best practice workflows to deliver product docs, release notes, and other resources. You'll also review content from non-writer colleagues outside of the team to produce content that augments the technical docs.
You will thrive working in collaborative environments where you will advocate for our users and the importance of technical content. You'll be disciplined and structured in your work and be comfortable working in an Agile way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help establish and be responsible for product docs at Payroc, helping design and set up the CCMS.
- Create and publish product docs, release notes, and changelogs.
- Collaborate on the Support knowledge base. You'll be responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that our customer support information is valuable and cohesive, creating a frictionless experience for customers and enabling them to self-serve answers to their questions.
- Review and edit documentation and other content for non-writer colleagues.
- Share knowledge freely and coach less experienced writers and non-writer colleagues.
- 5+ years technical writing experience, delivering digital content like product documentation, Help websites and knowledge bases, how-to training tutorials, and other content.
- Skilled writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, always empathetic to the user's point of view.
- Able to write for various audiences (developers, end-users, and internal), understanding their different needs and adapting your writing accordingly.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Skilled in a broad range of standard technical writing and tech tools: structured authoring tools like Paligo or Madcap Flare; Git; Jira, image editing tools like SnagIt, video editing tools like Captivate.
*** Please note: You must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom. We're unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.