If you're looking for a unique opportunity to help establish a Data Analytics function with the opportunity to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on Payroc's growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - read on.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
In this role, you will drive the transformation of our data systems by designing and deploying architectures to drive greater analytical and business value from a wide range of data sources. The individual will work with Team Members to design and develop highly performant, resilient, automated data pipelines, and data transformation applications, adapting technologies for ingesting, transforming, classifying, cleaning, and exposing data using creative schema design to meet objectives.
You will be working in a dynamic and exciting, agile environment that includes multiple teams within the Data Analytics initiative. Daily interaction with internal team members (data engineers and analysts product/delivery managers, architects, etc.) to develop creative data-driven solutions will be required.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage advanced data modeling skills to design and develop a dimensional model (facts, dimensions, etc.) for multi TB storage scenarios.
- Develop and support a comprehensive cloud-based DW architecture to facilitate the flow, normalization, and synchronization of data with upstream/downstream dependent systems.
- Implement and maintain data integrations between various on-prem and enterprise cloud services.
- Focus on enabling the platform from the ground up to ensure flexible, robust, performant, and ongoing availability against a cost-effective management model.
- Design processes that manage data throughout its life cycle from ingestion, storage, retention, and deletion.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Identify and deploy appropriate file formats for data ingestion into various storage and compute services via ETL/ELT pipelines for multiple use cases.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues to maintain service-level agreements.
- Recommend long-term processes and solutions to ease support issues and stabilize applications and their use.
- Implement tests to ensure data quality across all integrated data sources.
- Create and maintain existing documentation (configuration, test scripts, functional specs for reporting, and integration).
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of business processes.
- Demonstrate an open-minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other team members as well as early adopters of the platform.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical discipline.
- 7+ years of experience with advanced SQL Knowledge (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell).
- 5+ years of experience interacting with web service APIs (SOAP, REST).
- Knowledge of Snowflake Analytics Platform and Talend is a plus.
- Experience in working within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins (CI).
- Experience with Automation, including Unit and Integration Testing.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, draw out unforeseen implications, and making recommendations for design.
- The ability to define design reasoning and understand the potential impacts of design requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.