If you're looking for a unique opportunity to help establish a Data Analytics team with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on Payroc's growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - read on.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
We are looking for a uniquely talented individual who can turn data into insight and action. A Data Analyst that consults with internal/external stakeholders to understand their business questions and then delivers analyses to meet those needs. Along the way, raw data is captured and understood, data pipelines and processing defined, and visualizations built. The result helps optimize our stakeholder experience and complements the business functions.
The individual will possess strong critical thinking skills, navigate various data environments, hands-on technical expertise in data, and a drive to understand our business. The successful candidate will be a thought partner to the stakeholder community and help them understand data and generate further questions. This individual will dig into raw and processed data (e.g., backend DBs, Google Analytics, and event/message data), transform information into visualizations/self-service reporting using Looker, Excel, etc., and effectively articulate the story behind the data. The role involves close interaction with product management, user design groups, data engineers, and software development teams. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be a necessity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize, scope, and perform in-depth analyses that drive and inform strategic decisions, primarily related to portfolio assessment, financial modeling, and growth initiatives.
- Develop insights to answer complex questions via thorough and well-designed data analyses using Looker, SQL, and other tools to optimize learning outcomes.
- Oversee advanced data analytics and interpretation, define key performance indicators and other performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering teams to map source data, create data pipelines, and define business rules and reporting requirements to support business units with the onboarding of new data.
- Provide thought leadership with internal stakeholders so that they may be able to better leverage insights.
- Drive optimization and data-minded culture inside the company.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into critical decision-making.
- Connect with Product and Engineering teams to produce instrumentation to generate insightful measurements on our new and existing products.
- Identify information and visualizations required to tell a compelling and meaningful story using data, establish baselines, and monitor growth or decline in metrics.
- Contribute to tools, documentation, and instruction to enable our customers to use data independently increasingly.
- Serve as a point of contact with our business partners and cross-functional teams for the day-to-day management of the Data Analytics program.
- Help create and maintain the plan, schedules, and other documentation required to manage deliverables to our customers effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience with advanced SQL Knowledge (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience with reporting/visualization tools, design, and standards – Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Looker / LookML highly desired.
- Strong understanding of data preparation, processing, and classification.
- Familiarity with the software product lifecycle.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including understanding and applying stakeholder requirements, drawing out unforeseen implications, and making design recommendations.
- The ability to define design reasoning and understand potential impacts of design requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.