At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
Are you a technology junkie who can focus on the detail of complex, interrelated processes while simultaneously thinking out of the box and working with other like-minded individuals to unite around a common objective? Do you have a passion for solving problems, ensuring quality, and delivering solutions to the market? Are you hungry to continue building your mad skills while being inspired by and inspiring your peers? If so, Payroc has an exciting career opportunity for you!
Payroc is looking for a driven and motivated Certification Analyst who will become responsible for managing the process of EMV certification of payment terminals, mobile devices, and Payroc payment gateways to front end processors. Your primary focus will be developing and executing custom test scripts for the combination of devices, gateways, and processors that Payroc is certifying. You will also be responsible for ensuring certification paperwork and processes are properly followed. In doing so, you will be interfacing with your counterparts at the processor and providing feedback to internal engineering teams to correct identified issues. A basic understanding of the payments industry is, therefore, necessary as well.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform intake paperwork for certifications.
- Review and evaluate test case submissions for accuracy and compliance.
- Create reusable, automated tests for specific certification verticals and develop and document a collaborative framework for maintaining and enhancing these tests.
- Create and perform manual certification tests where automated testing is not viable.
- Configure payment terminals, mobile devices, applications and SDKs.
- Use third-party certification tools, test cards, and EMV tools to execute and record test results and submit them to the processors and associations.
- Track the progress of certifications and report ongoing progress to engineering and management teams.
- Manage and configure certification environments, including payments terminals, mobile devices, payment applications, and SDKs
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain current and future certification systems.
- 2+ years of certification, test and support experience.
- Must exhibit an ability to create detailed test plans from scratch and execute those plans effectively.
- Must have experience with Web Services (REST mandatory, SOAP a plus for legacy).
- Proficiency in Word and Excel for reporting and tracking.
- Proficiency in understanding payment processing concepts and transaction types associated with payment terminals, virtual terminals and APIs.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Postman, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Basic understanding of networking to be able to trace connectivity related issues.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Github a plus.
- Have a passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment.
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude.
- Experience with UL EMV testing tools a significant plus (other tools such as VIABLE also helpful).
- Solid understanding of the payments industry or previous FinTech experience a plus.