At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, the SSE II (Frontend) will engage with a variety of languages, frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development, and CI/CD.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centre – the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
- Be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
- 8-10 years in a Software Engineering position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in front-end product development.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, including one of SASS, LESS, SCSS.
- Experience with front-end build tools (e.g. NPM / Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Gulp etc).
- Strong design sense, with experience translating prototypes to pixel perfect, responsive user interfaces.
- Experience with one or more modern web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular), and solid understanding of optimising front end applications for minimal load times.
- Experience working with REST APIs and OAuth2 / OIDC.
- Solid understanding of designing and building data rich applications, using D3JS or similar.
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions.
- Technical leader and coach, aware of the applicability of new technologies.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure.
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions, and experiment to validate approaches.
- Excels at grasping existing code and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code.
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.