If you're looking for a unique opportunity to help establish a DevOps organisation with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on Payroc's growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - read on.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
Payroc is seeking a talented individual to install a DevOps culture and create an enterprise-wide cutting-edge CI/CD solution to enable fully automated on-premise and cloud-based build and deployment pipeline with IaC capabilities. As a SME within our growing DevOps team, you would lead efforts in architecting and help to implement and optimising end-to-end CI/CD capabilities for our expanding on-prem and multi-cloud operations. The team is looking to add a member who is an expert in CI/CD, has exceptional communication skills, strong cloud skills, and is a thought leader in addressing the needs of DevOps organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a player-coach, establish, scale, lead, and mentor Team Members towards our DevOps pursuits.
- Provide DevOps Tools and CI/CD expertise to software development teams across the enterprise.
- Help build a reusable standard CI/CD pipeline model with built-in quality gates, security, and cutting-edge tools and automation.
- Drive process automation focused on eliminating manual steps in application build and deployment, integrating compliance and quality gates in the process.
- Lead discussion and guide technical teams regarding operational, technical, and procedural best practices.
- Evangelise a fully automated product build and release process, driving a push-button deploy attitude and vision.
- Work with program teams to understand their product development requirements, guide in embracing DevOps principles, prescribed toolchain, and pipeline framework.
- Be highly familiar with cloud services, having supported large scale production deployments on one or more of these platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud GCP).
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance in architecture and DevOps process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensure critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Create and update documentation for the operational process, procedures, and environment configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years designing, implementing CI/CD solutions, and DevOps related practices.
- 5+ years of cloud computing experience.
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab and code branching principles.
- Outstanding experience with build and release process and associated tools - building CI and deployment pipelines and hands-on knowledge of applicable tools chain such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Azure DevOps or like build orchestration tools, Artifactory, GitHub, GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity or similar.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Scalr, Ansible, Chef/Puppet).
- Strong experience in automation and one of scripting language such as Python, Ruby or similar.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (Docker, Swarm, Nomad, Packer).
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven, ANT, or Gradle.
- Solid knowledge of cloud architecture and experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (such as AWS/Azure/GCP and their services EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Understanding of network configurations (such as SSL and PIP).
- Experience in implementing DevOps best practices with the ability to define operational processes.
- Very familiar with organising work using Agile principles (story backlog, Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience with agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian Jira or similar.
- Ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritising and making timely decisions.
- Familiar with monitoring tooling such as Elastic or Splunk.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows.
- Experience with enterprise environment management and virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Experience maintaining parallel development environments in support of multi-project development and inter-dependencies.
- Support process improvements, drive efficiency across teams, eliminating redundancy by leveraging software tools and process automation, provide improvement evidence with measurable data and metrics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.